This is the most complete Responsible Gaucho Tour in the Pampas of Buenos Aires
– Get involved and connected with the origins of the Pampas and its Gauchos.
– Discover the oldest Argentine traditions in rural labors, social activities, local food, arts and handicrafts, and support the people who keep them alive.
– Only 90 minutes away from Buenos Aires City, you will find one of the prettiest towns in the Pampas: San Antonio de Areco . A 280-year-old historical town, known as the “Cradle of Gaucho’s Traditions”.
– Experience the culture, the way of life and the characters of the Argentine farmlands, in a town that is deeply proud of preserving their traditions.
– Meet the people who practice, teach and keep our original culture alive: they use horses daily, they manufacture native handicrafts and cultivate our authentic folklore music and dance.
– Help us support the main characters of this small town that, despite the issues of modern life, they preserve their original traditions with great devotion and commitment.
Activities of the Responsible Gaucho Tour Areco:
– Visit to a Community program Center
– Visit to the workshop of a native Artisan of silver and leather
– Visit to a 160-year-old gauchos´ bar (Pulpería)
– Talk at a gaucho painter’s atelier
– Lunch at a local typical restaurant
– Guided tour through historical neighborhood
– Visit to an old-fashioned self-sustaining gauchos´ farm
Visit to a local Association which promotes and give jobs opportunities to special people.
It´s an association where young and adult people with different abilities produce in a handmade way “alpargatas”: typical gaucho shoes used in the countryside… very casual and comfortable shoes!
This factory is the only working opportunity this people could have in the town
This is the place where they can find a shelter, learn a technique, earn their own money through their efforts/work, and also socialize practice sports, learn theater.
Activity: During the visit, group members will visit the atelier and see how people work and how people can be inserted into society being & feeling useful.
This alpargatas shoes are the version of “Toms” a success in USA: http://www.toms.com its creator was awarded by Hillary Clinton.
Why this Responsible Gaucho Tour is considered fair and sustainable? Because through purchasing local goods (alpargatas shoes) and / or supporting with donations group guests will be helping to keep the business alive and employees to preserve their jobs.
Visit to a typical countryside ranch
We won´t be visiting a typical touristic ranch in the Responsible Gaucho Tour. Just the opposite, we will visit a small ranch which survives thanks to the few animals they have: some horses, cows, sheep, hens and turkeys, all of them are used for the family own consumption.
– We will visit a real family living at this ranch.
– Family will open their home/ranch for guests and will share them the way they live, and invite them with a full lunch in a rustic and simple way, just the way they live.
– Why this visit is considered fair and sustainable? Because through this visit guests will be helping this family / supporting them economically so this people can preserve the place where they live and keep their traditions alive. Guests will have an unforgettable experience in a really authentic ranch.
Social Responsible Gaucho Tour Areco: Camino Pampa has been always supporting and nurturing the sustainability of San Antonio de Areco as a tourism destination, and its cultural heritage in many ways:
– It is locally based
– All the guides are locals from this town
– Has developed the only sustainable tour in Areco
– We contribute and promote these San Antonio de Areco´s Institutions:
o Apropdis: Social Community Center
o Conin San Antonio de Areco
o Asoc. de Amigos del Parque Criollo y Museo Ricardo Güiraldes
o Biblioteca Manuel Belgrano
o Asociación de Turismo de San Antonio de Areco
If you would like to join us in this experience: Real Gaucho Tour contact
Some articles about Gaucho culture in Spanish: http://gauchoexperience.com/