Gaucho Tradition Day Festival 2019: “80th FIESTA de la TRADICIÓN”
Special Celebration of the 80th Anniversary of the “Fiesta de la Tradición” : 1939/2019
This is the oldest and more prestigious gaucho festival in Argentina, that takes place every month of November in San Antonio de Areco Town, that ends in a Sunday with a large parade of gauchos and horses going through the parks and streets of the Town.
There are gauchos from all over Argentina gathering here with their families and horses for an entire week of different events: folkloric music, dances, fairs, large barbecues, cultural events, arts expositions and gauchos´ rodeo.
Official Program of the National Tradition´s Day: Gaucho Tradition Day Festival 2019
From Saturday November 2nd to Sunday November 10th, 2019
Saturday, November 2nd:
- Opening of the Artisans exhibition in the Salón Guerrico in San Antonio de Areco.
- “Peña”: event of live folkloric music and dancing at the Ricardo Güiraldes Museum.
Friday Nov. 8th:
- “Fogón Surero”: Social gathering for Traditional gaucho folkloric music event, at “Pulpería la Blanqueada”
Saturday Nov. Saturday 9th:
- Gaucho rodeo at “El Parque Criollo”.
- “Peña de la Fiesta Nacional de la Tradición” popular event of live folkloric music and dancing
Sunday Nov. 10th:
- Gaucho & Horses Parade.
- Gaucho rodeo: Demonstration of gaucho skills in the El Parque Criollo.
- Awards ceremony.
• Traditional Fogón in the Quinta de Guerrico. Organized by the Asociación de Amigos del Parque Criollo.
• Tribute to Jose Hernandez with gauchos on horseback. In the Güiraldes monolith.
• Opening of the Rawhide (Guasquería, Soga) Crafts Exposition. Dedicated to Maestro Luis Flores. At the Museum Las Lilas.
You can enjoy part of this unique program by booking this Tour: Tradition Day Gaucho Festival in San Antonio de Areco Full Day Tour with Estancia
For more information: Origins of gaucho criollo horses in Pampas and Estancias in Argentina
If you prefer to enjoy all this gauchos´ activities and events during the week of Gaucho Tradition Day Festival : Best gaucho experience hotel in the Pampas near Buenos Aires
Also if you are just looking for a transfer between Buenos Aires and San Antonio de Areco