Tailored Cultural Tour Gauchos including the cultural and arts legacy of Gauchos
and Criollos beautifully preserved since the colonial times
in this area of the Pampa of Argentina: in towns and Estancias.
San Antonio de Areco is a community that nested generation after generation
the knowledge and spirit of the handicrafters that mixed
the immigrants artisanal skills with the roots and environment of the native locals.
Quite unique workshops filled with basic and old devices and tools,
where the experienced artisans turn used and new materials into old fashion pieces of work.
– 8:20am hotel/address pick up in Buenos Aires
– 10:00am arrival to San Antonio de Areco: Guided tour visiting a Creole Silversmith´s Workshop. Handbuilding Pottery and painting demonstration. Textile studio: Natural dye of wool and hand woven indian style textile pieces in working looms. Chocolate and “alfajores” artisanal factory. Locally handmade cheeses and sausages shop.
– 1:30pm lunch in typical local parrilla (steakhouse)
– 3:00pm walking tour in the colonial historical neighborhood: Main square, San Antonio´s church, 100 years old gauchos´ bars.
– 4:00pm departure from San Antonio de Areco, return to Buenos Aires
– Approx. 5:30/6:00pm arrival to Buenos Aires
This cultural gauchos tour includes:
– Round trip with hotel/address pick-up in vehicle with official license and special insurance
– All the activities, tickets and transfers within the town
– Bilingual local guide
– Horseback ride
More on gaucho culture in Spanish: Gaucho culture in Spanish
Everyday Full Day Cultural Tour Gauchos departing from Buenos Aires to San Antonio de Areco (can also include visit to an Estancia): http://www.caminopampa.com/#the-tour
Or more information about the full program of the gauchos tour